Director of Faith Formation
We are a vibrant community located within Sun City, AZ. We are located in a retirement community, thus most of our parishioners are retired professionals. However, we also serve younger generations in North Peoria, and our community is constantly becoming more culturally diverse. We have a great need for Adult Education, RCIA, Family Formation, and youth formation K-12.
Summary of Position
Under the direction of the Pastor, the Director of Faith Formation plans, develops, coordinates and evaluates all Faith Formation processes within the parish, including education, evangelization and discipleship efforts. This position is a member of the Parish Leadership Team, as such, works to increase the overall effectiveness of the parish in all areas. The position is Full-time and exempt. A valid AZ Driver’s License and ability to drive is required. This position is subject to the personnel policies of the Diocese of Phoenix.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates RCIA for the parish
- Coordinates Baptism Preparation
- Coordinates Adult confirmation
- Supervises Elementary Religious Education and Youth Ministry
- Provides Catechist Training
- Creates and provides faith formation opportunities for adults
- Recruits, trains, oversees and evaluates Faith Formation volunteers
- Supports Parish Evangelization, Discipleship, and Stewardship efforts
- Support development of Small Faith Communities
- Assists in budget preparation for Faith Formation Department
- Assists in creating and implementing formation for all parish ministers/volunteers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Catholic doctrine and beliefs
- Strive to live in full communion with the Catholic Church and her teachings
- Knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching, including the consistent ethic of life and commitment to the values upheld in this teaching.
- Ability to facilitate a smooth operation of the Office of Faith Formation in a mature, efficient and professional manner; maintains confidentiality; pursues continuous professional development through study, self-examination.
- Updated knowledge of educational and catechetical trends and practices.
- Ability to interact with individuals and groups, and maintain appointments and meetings on parish grounds; drives frequently.
Master’s Degree in Theology, Religious Education, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Studies or equivalent
Or Graduate Certificate in Religious Education/Catechesis or Pastoral Ministry
Or equivalent work experience