We are accepting applications for a Full-time (40 hours per week) Custodian/Maintenance Worker. This position would work on Wednesday - Sunday. A portion of the job responsibilities take place during our weekly services - a reverence for the mass is required. In addition, though the position does not involve direct ministry, we are looking for someone with a developed prayer life or a willingness to develop your prayer life over the time you are employed here.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assures church buildings and grounds are cleaned and maintained in a manner that provides a healthy, safe and attractive physical environment.
- Deep clean sanctuary prior to and following weekend masses.
- Walk through sanctuary between mass – straighten and surface clean as needed.
- Checks outside buildings for damage, litter and/or conditions of general deterioration.
- Provides set-up and cleaning of facilities for parish activities.
- Collects and disposes of trash and garbage on a regular basis.
- Performs minor maintenance of the rectory, church and office.
- Performs plumbing, electrical, carpentry and other minor repair work on the facilities.
- Performs minor construction, basic mechanical maintenance and implements preventative maintenance scheduled on buildings and equipment.
- Paints and repairs walls, repairs various types of furniture, doors, windows, floors, gates, roofs, ceilings and sidewalks.
- Performs maintenance as directed by Facilities Supervisor.
- Provide input on maintenance and scheduling needs, especially activities that could make us more efficient.
- Performs scheduled monthly, semiannual, or annual janitorial duties; i.e., floor waxing, painting, window washing, carpet cleaning as directed by the Facilities Supervisor in accordance with parish maintenance schedule.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Work in and contribute to a welcoming, Christ-like environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – demonstrate a cooperative attitude and effective working relationship with all departments, church groups, employees, volunteers, and parishioners.
- Must possess necessary janitorial skills.
- Working knowledge of standard tools, materials, methods and practices involved in building and grounds maintenance and repair, including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and painting.
- Ability to maintain a cooperative attitude and effective working relationship with all departments, church groups, employees, volunteers and parishioners.
- Working knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ability to perform outlined tasks with minimum supervision.
- General knowledge of janitorial supplies and their applications.
- Ability to work frequent evening and/or weekend hours.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance and must be able to perform strenuous tasks.
- Ability to move and use ladders, lifts, scaffolds and other related equipment.
- Knowledge of hazards and safety methods related to custodial operations.
- Valid AZ Driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Please send resumes to:
St. Elizabeth Seton
Attn: Kevin Rodriguez
9728 W. Palmeras Dr.
Sun City, AZ 85373